Contributors

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Choice is Yours (at Chuck-A-Rama)


Mmmm - Beef Stroganoff

by Sweetie

Here at Sweet & Spicy Salt Lake City, we're all about democracy. Look to your right: You can vote on whether you like sweet or spicy foods.

And below, another vote. You will decide our last supper. I'm going away for a while. All that sweet food has made me mentally unstable. Actually, it was something else that led to my intervention. Something that I cannot broadcast on the World Wide Web but involved paperclips.

I'll give you a hint. It was sort of like this: (Warning: adult language. Second warning: Some of the characters in this sketch are no longer married:)



In sum, while I am away, I will be eating hospital food. So all of you devoted readers -- and we are so grateful to have any readers, much less the nearly 1,000 visits to our blog -- will suggest a restaurant. Think of your favorite place. Or a place with either uber-sweet or uber- spicy food that you'd be interested in us writing about.

The parameters:

- Must be in the Greater Salt Lake City area
- Must be local
- Must serve alcohol
- Must serve dessert
- Entrees with salads must not cost more than $30
- Must not be Thai, Korean or anything weird in general

Post suggestions in the comments section.

XOXO,
Sweetie

4 comments:

  1. I object to the parameters. Thai food rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about Pago? It's in the 9th and 9th vicinity. Or Tin Angel, near Pioneer Park. Or Beautiful Log Haven in Millcreek Canyon. It has a steak & lobster special for $35 -- and $25 if you order before 6:30 p.m. They also have a "Dog days of summer" special where you can eat out on the patio with your doggie. Also there's Caffe Niche, if you are into organic/local.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also you might want to try the Copper Onion, next to the Broadway Theater. I think you could probably manage an entree and salad for under $30, depending on what you order. The side dish is ordered separately from the entree, but it is large enough for sharing.

    Don't get me started with recommendations! Now I'm getting hungry!

    ReplyDelete